Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Cookies
4 cups whole wheat or white flour (use rice flour for wheat free)
2 cups uncooked oatmeal
½ cup peanut butter – creamy or chunky
2 cups hot water
1. Mix together first three ingredients.
2. Add hot water to make firm dough. Use more water if dough is too dry.
3. Kneed dough with hands or on a floured surface. A sheet of wax paper on a table or counter
works well. It is okay to separate dough into two balls and kneed each one separately.
4. Roll dough with a rolling pin or flatten with your hands until it is about ¼” thick. Keep a little
flour nearby to sprinkle in case the rolling pin or your hands get sticky.
5. Cut dough with your favorite cookie cutter, or use a butter knife to make shapes.
6. Make a greased cookie sheet by using a bit of vegetable oil on a paper towel and wiping over surface of cookie sheet, or use a butter or margarine wrapper.
7. Place biscuits on cookie sheet.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. You may turn biscuits over after 20 minutes.
9. Let biscuits cool for an hour.